“I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my loving eye on you.”

Psalm 32:8 (NIV)




Thursday, October 13, 2011

A Much Needed Weekend


I wrote this last week, but did not want to post it:

Lately I have been missing home.

I am enjoying it here, but there are some a lot of people and things I miss.

I miss the view of the mountains.

I miss the smell of Central Oregon.

I miss fresh well water.

I miss my garden.

I miss my friends.

Most of all, I miss my family.

During the five day weekend God knew what I needed:

In the hill station of Ooty I sew plenty of mountains and beautiful scenery.

The air was fresh and pollution free, and there were lots of cows and cow smells, just like home.

I still miss fresh water…

I also still miss my garden, but my host mom made lots of good food!

I made a few new friends this past weekend and am continuing to grow close to the friends within ISP and at BACAS.

I got to spend two days with an amazing family that treated me like their own daughter. I now have a family here in India that lives right across from school!

My Auntie, Uncle and Sister!

3 comments:

  1. glad you had a good weekend. God always knows what we need. I am also glad you meet a family you love. And I miss you!!! :) I love you friend. You are growing big time and it is so fun to hear about it all the way from here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im so glad God gave you such a gift and a wonderful week-end, but it is ok to be homesick and to miss everything...we MISS YOU TOO!!!! Even though everyone is soooo stinkin proud of you it doesn't take away the way we miss you...(especially your mom)...we would never want to take this awesome experience away from you, but the heart still aches...I know when I talk to your mom, she is beaming with pride and YET...aching inside! You are loved and missed by soooo many. We love and miss you miss Brooklyn. I'm loving reading your heart on this blog though...you have got it goin' on girl, and I just can't say that enough!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, this blog and 2 comments left me with tears. It is always the simple things that matter most.

    ReplyDelete