“I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my loving eye on you.”

Psalm 32:8 (NIV)




Friday, November 25, 2011

Just Doin’ the Needful


To sum up what I have been up to lately, I would simply say I have been doing the needful (a common Indian phrase). Finals week has kept me busy with writing papers, preparing for presentations, and studying for exams. I got sick for a few days, so that put a damper on things, but now I am good to go. I wanted to experience EVERYTHING I could here and the hospital was definitely an experience. It cost just over $4 for everything, the visit and 4 prescriptions.

Along with school work I have been trying to wrap up my time here in Coimbatore. Little things like giving last minute fabric to the tailor and spending time with people I will miss is what I have been up to. On December 2nd we leave for 2 weeks of travel in the north. Some of the places we are going include, Calcutta, Varanasi Jaipur, Agra, then we end in New Delhi. I am so excited to see other places in India! Although they don’t have dosa in the north, so that is sad. Then on December 17th at 8:10 PM I will be home sweet home! Yay!

Here are some pictures of the meal we made for our final exam in cooking class.

Tawa Paratha. Kasmiri Pulao. Butter Chicken Masala. Paneer Mutter Masala






And can't forget the dessert!


The cooking crew

2 comments:

  1. Hi!
    Won't be long and you will be home. So excited to see you and talk about your expierences. I enjoy your blogs so much. You express your thougts in a creative way. Loved the mosquito one. The one about the little boy was touching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey the dosa dude will definitely miss you all.

    ReplyDelete