“I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my loving eye on you.”

Psalm 32:8 (NIV)




Monday, October 31, 2011

Broken Heart



Dear Hindu Boy,


You break my heart.

You pray to gods and worship idols because that is what your family does.

You do not know any better because Hinduism is so deeply rooted in your culture.

You make me thankful to have grown up in a Christian home.

If I had grown up in a Hindu family would I be worshipping idols just like you?

You always look forward to Saturdays because a group comes to your village every week to tell you about Jesus.

For three hours you sing, dance, pray and learn about Jesus Christ.

The only reason your parents let you come is to learn good habits.

Other kids have to fight with their parents in order to come.

Will you get in trouble if you tell them what you learned or if they see you praying?

Is three hours a week enough to teach you about Jesus if Hinduism is not only your family, village, and country’s religion, but way of life?

I wish there was something I could do for you.

All I know to do is pray for all the girls and boys like you.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for making me cry! Brooklyn. I am at a loss for words. You have grown in so so so many ways. you are amazing. I love you so much. I am so proud to have you as a best friend for Oh so long. I wish I knew what else to say, I wish I could tell you what this "letter" has done in my heart....

    I love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing EXACTLY what God has called you to do...planting seeds and praying..I love you to death and you are such an inspiration to me. What a beautiful BRIGHT light you are ...shining the Light of Jesus in a dark world. YOU GO GIRL>>>never stop!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You touch my heart as I am sure you have touched all those you have seen!! I have often prayed that same prayer for children in our country who do so many things because it is the culture of their family and no one who hears about Jesus is listening in their family!! God sees and hears your prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. After I wipe my tears, I know you are exactly where God wants you to be. The exciting part.....you followed his calling. Praying for this little boy and these kids is HUGE. God is BIG so lets see what he can do....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Almost as much as I loved reading that post, I loved reading all the comments :) I love our families! I agree with everything that they have said and am so blessed to call you my friend! God is and is going to do amazing things with you Brooklyn!

    ReplyDelete