“I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my loving eye on you.”

Psalm 32:8 (NIV)




Sunday, August 28, 2011

Why?

So I thought I should start a blog and share about my semester abroad in India :). As my trip gets closer I get both excited and scared. Excited for a new adventure and scared of all the unknown.


The title of my blog (Why India?) is a question I get a lot. I think I have answered the question a different way every time I have been asked. The truth is...I don't know...it just happened. I could have chosen ANYWHERE. Seriously, there there is a study abroad program for almost anywhere in the world. I did not start this whole study abroad process thinking, "I want to go to India." In fact, I knew basically nothing about India except that it is overpopulated and they have gross water. I kept looking for other programs and places to go, but kept coming back to India.


I know without a doubt that India is the place for me this fall. It has been confirmed in more ways than I can count. Even though right now I may not be able to give a clear answer on why I chose India, I hope that by the end of my trip and through this blog I will be able to discover and share why God chose India.


I fly out from Redmond September 4th (a week from today ahhhhhh) and meet the group in Washington DC. I should be arriving in India sometime on Wednesday, September 7th.
I am looking forward to keeping you all updated :)


Love,
Brooklyn

5 comments:

  1. My beautiful cousin Brooklyn:

    Thank you so much for creating a blog. I will be following, praying and thinking of you constantly! Be safe over there. Can't wait to see pictures and hear stories. You are incredibly strong and everyone who has a chance to meet you will forever be changed. Love you lots and I still can't believe my lil' cousin, who I used to change her stinky diaper :), is growing up to be such a beautiful, talented, woman!

    Love you, Cuz!
    XOXO,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Brooklyn, I could not be more happy or proud of you...but I have to say...my stomach does a leap and I feel a bit "motherish", meaning, I feel a bit of butterflies and teary, but I know the Lord will watch over you...I would not have it any other way, but I will miss you and pray for you daily!!!!! I am mostly astonished and excited about your journey and growth with the LORD!!!! You are amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. BROOKLYN!!! I LOVE EVERYTHING YOU HAD TO SAY IN THIS POST!!! IT"S PERFRECT! (no my computer wasn't on CAPS lock...I did all those caps on purpose) I seriously love what you had to say about knowing that this is what God has called you to even though you're not sure why. It is going to be awesome to see what He is gonna do with you there. I love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look forward to reading more about your journey and how the Lord uses you for His glory, you go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My hear did leaps when I got your text arriving in New Dehli! XO

    ReplyDelete