“I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my loving eye on you.”

Psalm 32:8 (NIV)




Sunday, September 11, 2011

Welcome to Coimbatore!

Hi everyone! After A LOT of flying we made it here safely. We got into the Coimbatore airport about noon on Wednesday.




Beautiful Germany sunrise.




Made it to Delhi!





 There is so much to share but not a lot of time. Internet is limited, but we are suppose to be able to have internet access every other week or so in the office at school. There are also a few cafes close by that have computers we can use for pretty cheap. So far I love it here! It is very different and a lot to take in, but I am so glad I am here! The group is amazing and I cannot wait to get to know each one of them even more throughout our trip.
We are in really nice apartments according to India standards.







I will be going to school at the Bishop Appasamy College of Arts and Sciences, BACAS for short.
The people of BACAS are amazingly friendly and welcoming. They kept telling us over and over again how excited they were that we had finally arrived. I cannot express enough how awesome their hospitality was. These are just a few of the MANY things they did for our arrival.


Thank you all for your prayers!
Love you all!
Brooklyn


2 comments:

  1. About Friday when I had not heard from you the movie "Taken" was on my mind. I thought about a plane ticket and sending Dad to come find you. Your update and pictures are great, keep em coming! So when we ask for a "Chai" tea we are really saying tea tea? Interesting. Kind of thought the picture of your "friend" was a BIG ANT? Oh no, a roach!
    There are many people praying for you each day you are away. Love you a whole bunch, Mom XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the update!!! I love the pictures and I'm so thrilled to hear how much you are liking it. I'm proud of you and your adventurous spirit. You are a sweetie, and I can't wait to hug your neck. For the mean time....take care and we will keep up the praying for you darlin'.

    I love you big, Jenay

    ReplyDelete